We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
We recommend that you also review our Terms & Conditions in conjunction with these terms & conditions.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
• information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
• information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including name, company and email address);
• any other information that you choose to send to us;
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use “session” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: anonymously keep track of your browser whilst you navigate the website;
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
(3) Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
• administer the website;
• improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
• enable your use of the services available on the website;
• send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
• send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
• send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
• provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
• deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
• In addition, we may disclose information about you:
• to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
• in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
• in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
(5) International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Areas (EEA).
In addition, information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
(6) Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure systems.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
(7) Policy amendments
(8) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
(9) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(10) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
(12) Data controller
The data controller responsible for our website is Tip Time – please use our contact form to get in touch.